LIFTWOMEN GROUP PTY LTD – FEMALE FOUNDER GRANT CHALLENGE 2021
|Female Founder Grant Challenge 2021
|LIFTwomen Group Pty Ltd ABN 38 646 518 916
Collins Street Tower, Level 3, 480 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000, Australia
0497 180 808
|Start Date: 09:00 am AEST on 25 June 2021
End Date: 11:59 pm AEST on 5 September 2021
|There are 2 Prizes to be won. Each Prize is 1 ‘Jump Starter Kit’ valued at $15,000 and includes:
● a $5,000 cash grant from LIFTwomen Group;
● over 60 hours of business strategy services, which includes comprehensive market, competitor, and customer analysis and research, one-day workshop of go-to-market strategy and APAC market entry advice (if applicable) by Viable Partners;
● a social media campaign, promotional video and 15+ photographs by Red Herring Digital and Polished Content;
● 1 free month of LegalVision’s LVConnect Pro product, which includes unlimited 30 minute calls, unlimited drafting and review of legal documents required to carry out your business-as-usual work, unlimited Australian Trade Mark Applications (excluding government fees), and access to a comprehensive library of free legal templates and business resources;
● $500 worldwide shipping credit from Easyship;
● 500 business cards, 500 A5 flyers and one pull up banner by MBE Printing; and
● free accounting consultation from PLC Consulting Group.
|Total Prize Pool
|All Australian States and Territories.
|Visit the Lift Women web page at www.liftwomen.com (Site), and:
● become a Lift Women changemaker and create a project;
● complete the entry form and provide all mandatory information on the form;
● agree to the Terms & Conditions and click submit.
Entrants must enter the Promotion in their own name and will be required to provide all mandatory information that may include, but is not limited to, the Entrant’s full name, residential address, age, date of birth, business name, project details, gender, email address and contact telephone number.
|10 September 2021
|The Promoter will determine the Winner in accordance with the following criteria:
● Project’s business potential, scalability, sustainability, economic and social impact
|Grant Pitch Night
|29 September 2021
|30 September 2022
Terms & Conditions
- Information on eligibility, mechanisms on how to enter, prizes and the information in the Schedule form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any capitalised terms used in these Terms & Conditions have the meaning given in the Schedule, except where stated otherwise.
Eligibility & Entry
- Entry is open to residents of the Relevant States aged eighteen (18) years or over (Entrants). Employees, advisers, immediate family members, retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies related to the Promoter are not eligible to enter in the Competition.
- To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the Entry Procedure during the Competition Period. Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Online or email entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission.
- Incomplete and ineligible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Terms & Conditions as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during completion of the Entrant’s completion of the Entry Procedure.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging, Criteria & Grant Pitch Night
- The Prize judging to determine the finalist Entrants for the Competition will be conducted in accordance the Criteria, on or about the Judging Date. The Promoter will select 6 finalists.
- On the Grant Pitch Night, each finalist will be given 15 minutes to pitch their project to a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The Prize(s) will be awarded to the Entrants (as applicable) selected by the panel of judges in accordance with the Criteria, provided the Entrant has complied with the Entry Procedure. Where more than one Prize is available, each winning Entrant may only win one Prize.
- The winning Entrant’s full name and city of origin will be published in a national newspaper, and/or on the Site, or on the Promoter’s social media accounts, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. It is a condition of entry into the Competition that the winning Entrant consents to the publication of such information and participates in any media releases which may include photographs of the winning Entrant by the Promoter. By entering into this Competition, Entrants consent to the use of their names and likenesses in this manner.
- Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses incurred when entering the Competition and accessing, claiming and/or using the Prize (unless otherwise stated on the Site).
- Game of Skill: As the Competition is a game of skill, and subject otherwise to these Terms & Conditions, each valid entry will be individually judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter based on the quality and merit of the entry. The winning Entrant will be confirmed by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with Entrants regarding the decision.
- In the event that a winning Entrant’s entry is deemed or found to be invalid, the Promoter may organise the judges to select another winning entry.
- The Prize(s) are specified in the Schedule. Subject to clause 18, THE PRIZE IS NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH.
- If any Prize is unavailable and the Promoter has used all reasonable efforts to arrange the Prize, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, reserve the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- (Cash) Where cash is awarded as a Prize, the Prize will be awarded in the form of a bank cheque, via PayPal transfer (fees may apply and are the responsibility of the winning Entrant) or electronic funds transfer to the winning Entrant’s nominated bank account, at the Promoter’s election.
- The Prize(s) must be claimed by the Redemption Date in accordance with any claim instructions set out in the Schedule. The Promoter may require the winning Entrant to provide relevant evidence in order to claim the Prize, such as proof of identity, age, and any relevant proof of purchase.
- If the winning Entrant does not claim the Prize before the Redemption Date, the Prize will be deemed to be forfeited by the Entrant.
- If any Prize remain unclaimed in accordance with clause 19, a second selection for the Prize (Unclaimed Prize Selection), will take place on the first business day after the expiry of the Redemption Period at the same time, place and manner as the original Judging Date, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The alternative winning Entrant, if any, will be notified by email and/or telephone within forty eight (48) hours of the Unclaimed Prize Selection.
- Interpretation: The following rules apply unless the context requires otherwise:
- headings are only for convenience and do not affect interpretation;
- the singular includes the plural and the opposite also applies;
- if a word or phrase is defined, any other grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning
- a reference to legislation is to that legislation as amended, re-enacted or replaced, and includes any subordinate legislation issued under it; and
- mentioning anything after includes, including, or similar expressions, does not limit anything else that might be included.
- Non-Excludable Guarantees: Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any legislation which cannot lawfully be excluded or limited, including the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other applicable State or Territory legislation (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
- Consequential Loss: Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable under these Terms & Conditions for any consequential loss including but not limited to loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use (including both real and anticipatory) and/ or loss or corruption of data, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise.
- Liability: Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including the Non-Excludable Guarantees), the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) will not be liable to an Entrant for, and the Entrant waives and releases the Promoter in respect of all liability (including but not limited to all expenses, costs, damages, claims, losses) arising in any way out of or in connection with:
- any act or omission of an Entrant;
- any breach of these Terms & Conditions by the Entrant;
- any personal injury or death or property loss or damage;
- claiming the Prize;
- use of the Prize in any way;
- any theft of any Prize or unauthorised access or third party interference in the Competition;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged, delayed, corrupted or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; or
- any tax liability incurred by a winning Entrant,
except to the extent such liability was caused or contributed to by the Promoter’s negligent act or negligent omission.
- Force Majeure: Neither Party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform their respective obligations under this Agreement if such delay or failure is caused or contributed to by a Force Majeure Event. Force Majeure means any event or circumstance which is beyond a Party’s reasonable control including but not limited to, acts of God including fire, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, landslide, tsunami, mudslide or other catastrophic natural disaster, civil riot, civil rebellion, revolution, terrorism, insurrection, militarily usurped power, act of sabotage, act of a public enemy, war (whether declared or not) or other like hostilities, ionising radiation, contamination by radioactivity, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any widespread illness, quarantine or government sanctioned ordinance or shutdown, pandemic (including COVID-19 and any variations or mutations to this disease or illness) or epidemic.
- Online entries: In the event that a dispute arises as to the identity of an online Entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorised account holder of the email address. The authorised account holder means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organisation that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email. The Promoter may ask any Entrant to provide the Promoter with proof that such party is the authorised account holder of the email address associated with the entry.
- Legal Warning: Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Site, or the information on the Site, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operations of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- Social Media: Social media membership pages, applications and use of social media generally is subject to the prevailing terms and conditions of use of the social media platform. Unless otherwise indicated in these Terms and Conditions, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. If an Entrant uses social media to participate in the Competition, the Entrant understands that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. By participating in the Competition, the Entrant releases Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or applicable social media site from all claims, liabilities, suits, actions and expenses, including costs of litigation and reasonable legal costs associated with the Competition.
- Currency: Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms or in any advertisement relating to the Competition, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
- Amendments: These Terms and Conditions may be amended or replaced from time to time if required by any regulatory authority.
- Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the States and Territories in which the Competition is conducted and the Commonwealth of Australia. Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of their State or Territory.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between the Promoter and any Entrant (including the winning Entrant) with respect to its subject matter and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between the Promoter and any Entrant (including the winning Entrant), whether oral or in writing.
- Representations: The Promoter excludes all, warranties, guarantees or representations (whether express or implied) except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
- Last updated: 11 August 2021